Monday, November 2, 2009

A blog a day for a month...can I keep momentum?

I have seen on other blogs the challenge to post a blog a day for a month. I have not kept momentum *at all* with this blogging thing. I love to read others but I am not very good about writing my own. So I am going to start simple and with an activity I was recently encouraged to start -- writing down three things a day you encountered and are thankful for. Here's mine for today...
1) Waking up next to my girlfriend, reaching over and feeling her next to me, and kissing her gently on the way out the door while she still sleeps. We don't live together so each morning that we start in this way is a blessing.
2) Catching up on a conversation with a friend from way back, I mean way back, like elementary school years. We loose touch at times and go for months at a time without any communication but whether a surprise call at 1am or conversation over crostinis and martinis, we can always manage to pick up just where we left off.
3) Great authors that continue to churn out books I can't wait to get my hands on...Jodi Picoult is one of those great authors for me and I got my hands on Handle With Care today. I wish with some books that my commute were longer.

1 comment:

ViolinMama said...

Welcome back!!!!! :) :) Love your 1st post!