Sunday, August 31, 2008

Family

I spent the weekend with the 'rents. It was a terrific weekend. Nothing special to note but one of those weekends that gets me thinking on the long drive home about how lucky I am. With the whirlwind of life cycling around--there is always something or many somethings going on in my world--there is always the constant of family. I am defined in so many ways by my family and our relationships. This weekend I spent time with Mom doing what we do best--shopping. Always looking for a bargain. It gives us time to talk and explore and just enjoy some hours together. And today, my Dad was a huge help to me. We jointly washed my car and waxed it. Every little detail of it. I was reminded again of the little things in life. I guess they aren't really that little but in the scheme of things they can be so easily overlooked. Having two parents still married, still in love, still alive and healthy, and still so active in my life is something I cannot even capture with words. I am so blessed and so lucky to have the greatest family in the world.

1 comment:

ViolinMama said...

I'm jealous (not that I don't have a great family...) and so grateful for you too! They have made you the sweet person you are....more than I know I deserve!!